At the end of the day, you want to remove all the make-up, dirt, and pollution that accumulated on your face. What’s the main reason many people go to bed without washing their faces? They are tired. It takes discipline and effort to perform a nighttime skin care routine, especially when you’re sleepy and feeling unmotivated. As motivation, think of this: While you sleep, your skin naturally repairs and restores itself, and cleaning it before you go to bed maximizes this effect. Your proper evening skincare routine will put the truth in Beauty Sleep.
Your evening custom skincare supplies:
• Make-up Remover
• White wash cloths, soft and gentle like baby washcloths
• 2 x 2 wipes (I like to use these for applying Toner/Lotion because they do not absorb a lot of product.)
• Evening Corrective
As you follow this process, begin at the hairline and end at your décolletage (just below your collarbone):
1. Wash your hands.
2. Remove your make-up.
3. For foaming cleansers: Using warm water, moisten your white washcloth, wring it out and apply gently to your face, neck and décolletage. This step moistens and softens the skin to begin the cleanse. Then apply the appropriate cleanser. Massage the cleanser into your skin without the use of water for the first cleanse. Massage for about 1 minute. With the cleanser still applied, now moisten your hands with warm water and continue to massage cleanser into the skin for another minute.
For Roccoco Oil Cleansers: Apply the cleanser on dry skin. Massage the cleanser into your skin without the use of water for the first cleanse. Massage for about 1 minute, and let set for another 2-5 minutes.
4. Moisten your washcloth in warm water; place the open washcloth on your face and press gently into your skin. Then beginning at your forehead, very gently begin to remove the cleanser. Being very careful to be very gentle and methodical.
5. For your second cleanse, repeat steps 4-6. This is very important if you wear make-up during the day. If you go make-up free, you may skip this second cleanse. White washcloths allow you to see that all traces of make-up are removed from your skin.
6. Take a 2×2 wipe and pump enough lotion/toner to apply to your face.
7. Apply the Evening Corrective, such as Vitaskin, Synergy A, Chronopeptide, or any other custom serums, as I instructed during our consultation
8. Apply moisturizer with relaxing gentle strokes- your mini-massage.
9. Sleep well knowing your skin is soaking up the nutrients it needs. Sweet Dreams.